With prompting from oriceon, the average-load functions have been re-written to try to handle the situation for some people where the presence of a "base_opendir" in 'php.ini'--which possibly they cannot alter--causes yet more notices/warnings. The addition of an `@' prefix to the relevant commands will cause the warning to go away (but the command may still fail) (lines 2122-2170). If you find that compression remains at level-3 at all times--it is supposed to be load-balanced, and should therefore vary between 0 => 9 according to system load--that means that all three attempts to find the system load are failing, and it is falling back on the Class default of `3'.
I was going to write a `debug()' routine for this, but it did not seem to be worth the effort. The Class-define `_GZIP_ENCODE_LEVEL' is set to the value of the compression level, so that can be used to discover it for yourself.
Methods to find system load for other OS`s are welcomed.
This is the Change Log:
* Change Log:
* 0.13.8: _loadAvgUnix() added, _loadAvgBSD(), _loadAvgLinux() + 17 Apr 09
*+ getCompLevel() rewritten (thanks oriceon).
* 0.13.7: $browserVersion bugfix for Safari within _initRequest(); 07 Mar 08
*+ _initResponse() bugfixes: prevent PHP Notices (empty
*+ Encodings or Charsets).
* 0.13.6: Added `use_last_modified' to Constructor parameter, for 02 Nov 07
*+ those rare occasions where a 304 must NOT be sent, plus
*+ `use_expires' to be consistent.
* 0.13.5: Bugfix: use of `Vary:' header made compliant; added 08 Oct 07
*+ $_noUserAgent, $_noVary + setup() parameters 'use_user_agent'
*+ 'use_vary' (both TRUE by default).
* 0.13.4: Bugfix: _initRequest() for non-std Q-values 07 Sep 07
* 0.13.3: Bugfix: removed duplicate $if_match declaration; added 07 Jul 07
*+ $file + $line to headers_sent() for better bug-catching.
* 0.13.2: Bugfixes to charsetAccepted() + mediaTypeAccepted() 30 Apr 07
* 0.13.1: Added 'cpu_number' to Constructor parameter ($_num_cpu) 05 Mar 07
*+ bugfix for $referer (['uri'] not included in array)
* 0.13: Added $referer, getReferer(), '404_to_410', $_no410, 18 Feb 07
*+ 'http_status', $_httpStatus, 'msie_error_fix',
*+ $_noMSErrorFix + sendStatusHeader() bugfix.
* See also http://forums.modem-help.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=670
* 0.12.3: Bugfix for 'expiry' (was always 1 hr) (thank you Bob). 04 Oct 06
* 0.12.2: Added $_num_cpu for SMP boxes (like mine!). 18 Aug 06
* 0.12.1: Added sendStatusHeader() + 404 responses (used to create 02 Ju1 06
*+ custom Error-pages).
* 0.12: Added requestNoCache(), requestNoStore(), 04 Jun 06
*+ $_cache_control_response + $_cache_control_request arrays.
* 0.11: BugFix in _initResponse() [INM not tripped but IMS is]; 13 Mar 06
*+ 'other_var' added to setup() (ref: weak eTags) (bugfix). 23 Feb 06
* 0.10: Gzip_encode rewritten; Request + Response headers added. 25 Aug 05
* Browser detect added to negotiateEncoding() to fix blanks. 09 Sep 05
* Content-Negotiation completed for compression-Encoding. 16 Sep 05
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum